ASE Certified Toyota Transmission Repair
Serving Portland and Clackamas OR
While Toyotas are often regarded as one of the most valued brands of cars, that doesn’t mean they aren’t immune to having transmission issues. A problem with your car’s transmission affects the ability to transfer power to your vehicle’s wheels, which enables you to drive at any speed when working as it should. Any transmission trouble could inhibit you from being able to drive at all! If your Toyota’s transmission isn’t functioning properly, bring it in to River City Transmissions, the local leaders in Toyota transmission repair. We will fix any problems that are keeping you and your Toyota off the road!
Toyota Transmission Repair Signs & Symptoms
Here are some clear indications that your Toyota transmission needs to be looked at:
- Burning smell: It could be caused by a number of issues, but if the burning smell is not coming from the tires, it might be your transmission!
- Noise: Your car should never make any loud or knocking sounds when idling.
- Gear slippage: Are you having a hard time shifting gears, or does it take longer to shift than normal?
- Leaking fluid: This is a huge indication that something is wrong with your vehicle!
- Check engine light: This may not be your transmission, but it is definitely a problem–especially accompanied by any of the above signs!
Reported Transmission Problems in Toyotas
There have been a variety of automatic transmission issues reported in certain models of Toyotas, including but not limited to the following:
- Whining, irregular sounds originating in the front pump may be a sign of a transmission failure. This noise is typically caused by clutch material being drawn into the front pump, creating damage and affecting the gears.
- Drivers have reported experiencing a harsh engagement when the transmission is put into drive; this is often due to maladjustment.
- The transmission has slippage on the shift from fear 1 to gear 2 or gear 2 to gear 3.
- Some instances have seen the lockup clutch in the torque converter failing, which may be an effect of a couple of issues in the transmission.
If any of these common transmission issues are affecting your Toyota, drop off your car to be diagnosed by the ASE certified Toyota transmission repair experts at River City Transmissions. All transmission repairs are guaranteed, and our goal is your complete satisfaction!
Toyota Transmission Rebuild or Repair?
When you bring your Toyota in for a transmission inspection, River City Transmissions mechanics will thoroughly inspect and diagnose any problems that need to be addressed. An experienced mechanic will work hard to provide you with a fair estimate and work with you to decide whether a repair or complete rebuild is the best path to fixing your vehicle. Depending on the extent of the transmission damage and the age of your Toyota, a total transmission rebuild could end up saving you money. If we can catch the issue in the early stages, we may be able to avoid a complete rebuild; this is why it’s essential to bring in your vehicle to our mechanics at the first signs of transmission issues.
Choose River City for Your Toyota Transmission Repair
Long story short, car transmissions are complex and require an experienced transmission mechanic to diagnose and take the necessary steps to fix your Toyota. At River City Transmissions in Portland OR, we will provide you with an accurate diagnosis and trustworthy service. We specialize in all matters involving transmissions, including repair, rebuilds, and new transmission replacements. If you’re experiencing issues with your Toyota’s transmission that warrants repair or service, River City mechanics have the experience and diagnostic training that have led us to being the top choice for Toyota transmission repair.
We service and repair all Toyota Models
4 Runner | Avalon | Camry | Corolla | Highlander | Land Cruiser | Prius | RAV4 | Sequoia | Tacoma | Tundra | Venza | Yaris | FJ Cruiser | Scion xB | Sienna | MasterAce | 2000GT | Matrix | MR2 | Celica | Auris | Scion xA | Supra | Corona | Previa | Tercel
We only use Toyota OEM Parts
Call us today for a FREE Transmission or Clutch Check to correctly diagnose your vehicles problem.
Transmissions – CV Joints – Clutches
Performance Upgrades – Transfer Cases and Much More!!!
Toyota Transmission Repair IN PORTLAND OR AND VANCOUVER WA
Serving Clients in Oregon and Washington: