Manual Transmission Repair Shop
Clackamas and S.E. Portland OR
High-Quality Manual Transmission Repair
Owning a vehicle that has a manual transmission gives you more control over shifting. While this can be an advantage for performance with imports or with trucks, this type of transmission is complex, and will naturally experience wear and tear over time. Like automatic transmissions, manual transmissions will eventually need to be fixed.
Signs Of Distress in a Manual Transmission
Typically, manual transmissions will present with a few warning signs before they become inoperable. Common signs of distress include the following:
- Funny noise: If your transmission is idling and you hear any funny or loud noises, you may need a repair.
- Burning smell: While a burning smell coming from your vehicle could be a belt, check your transmission fluid as well.
- Fluid leak: Leaking fluids are an obvious red flag. This usually indicates that there’s a problem.
- Gears that slip: When shifting gears, it should be smooth and easy. If they start to slip, you’ll want to have them checked.
- Warning light: If your check engine light pops on, it may indicate a problem with your transmission.
Standard Transmission Service For All Makes And Models
Years ago, models and makes of cars were all similar. That changed when people in the United States started driving imports. If you own a foreign car that has a manual transmission, it requires a special set of tools and knowledge to fix.
Domestic trucks are in another category that will often have a manual transmission. With any of these vehicles, the constant use of your clutch and stick shift will wear down the mechanism over time.
Find A Professional Manual Transmission Repair Shop
If your transmission does need to be serviced, it’s important to rely on an experienced, knowledgeable team of mechanics who have the skills to get the job done right. Here at River City Transmissions, we take pride in our high-quality service, and invite you to trust us with your truck or car. Contact us today!
Manual Transmission Repair IN PORTLAND OR AND VANCOUVER WA
Serving Clients in Oregon and Washington: